The last few months have certainly been challenging for people across the U.S., but for our essential workers it has been an especially difficult time. We at Chicagoland Jiffy Lube® would like to express how much we value all of the hard work that our community’s nurses, doctors, medical staff, first responders, and other essential workers have put in over the last few months, and to let you know that we are still open and ready to serve you to address your vehicle maintenance needs.
Why is Jiffy Lube® Open?
Jiffy Lube® is an automotive repair and maintenance facility listed under the “Transportation and Logistics” section as an essential business in the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce guidance from CISA. When the State of Illinois issued the Stay at Home – Social Distancing Executive Order, that order also specifically included auto repair as an essential business.
Keeping our doctors, nurses, first responders, and other essential service employees on the road is important to us. If you are another essential service provider or employee and need any automotive maintenance or repair, we hope you will come in and visit our team. Here are the steps that we are taking to keep you and our employees safe:
- Most locations will allow you the option to remain in your vehicle for oil change services. We will temporarily halt our vacuuming and cabin filter inspections to allow for social distancing.
- Some locations will even greet you utilizing a mobile tablet so that you do not have to enter our lobby. We can also perform the service review at your vehicle or outside using the mobile tablet.
- Many locations are utilizing plastic wrap on our credit card reader and signature pad to be changed after each use.
- Many locations are setting lobby chairs six feet apart if you choose to sit in the lobby instead of outside or in your own vehicle.
- We have advised employees to stay home if sick or if they have a fever. We have also reminded them of proper cough hygiene and personal hygiene.
- We have stepped up our efforts to clean and sanitize our lobbies, counters and customer touch points.
This is not an extensive list and it is subject to change as we continue to monitor the CDC website and are given direction by State, County, or Municipality officials. Safety and well-being are our top priority. We will be working reduced hours and days of operation in an effort to keep all Chicagoland Jiffy Lubes® operating as safely as possible. Please check our website for your nearest Jiffy Lube® Service Center location and current hours of operation.
We would like to say THANK YOU to our community’s medical staff and first responders with a discount on your personal vehicle maintenance. Simply stop by any Chicagoland Jiffy Lube service center location, show your work ID, and we will take care of your vehicle at a discount, just for you, in appreciation for your dedication to our communities. No appointment required and no coupon required, just show your ID. To find your nearest Jiffy Lube location go to https://chicagolandjiffylube.com/.
Jiffy Lube® recommends following manufacturer recommendations, where applicable, for maintenance schedules and service intervals.
Not all services are offered at each Jiffy Lube® location. Please check with your local Jiffy Lube® service center for specific services offered.